So today I managed to make eggs benedict which looked somewhat presentable! I had been trying for the past couple of weeks and failing terribly! Trying this dish was a truly humbling experience and i will be honest and say that i will not try it again. The effort that you have to put is just too much. I will just eat it only when i go out. For those who want to try it out, here is the recipe:
• 2 tablespoons chopped parsley, for garnish
• 4 eggs
• 2 teaspoons white or rice vinegar
• 2 English muffins
• 10 Tbsp unsalted butter
• 3 egg yolks
• 1 Tbsp lemon juice
• 1/2 teaspoon salt
• Dash of cayenne or tabasco
1. Bring poaching water to a simmer:bring a large saucepan two-thirds-filled with water to a boil, then add the vinegar. Bring the water to a boil again, then lower the heat to a bare simmer.
2. Make Hollandaise sauce in blender: To make blender hollandaise, melt 10 Tbsp unsalted butter.
3. Put 3 egg yolks, a tablespoon of lemon juice, 1/2 teaspoon salt in a blender, blend on medium to medium high speed for 20-30 seconds, until eggs lighten in color.
Turn blender down to lowest setting, slowly dribble in the hot melted butter, while continuing to blend. Taste for salt and acidity and add more salt or lemon juice to taste.
Transfer it to a container you can use for pouring and set it on a warm—but not hot—place on or near the stovetop.
4. Poach the eggs. Essentially, working one egg at a time you crack an egg into a small bowl and slip it into the barely simmering water. Once it begins to solidify, you can slip in another egg, until you have all four cooking.
Turn off the heat, cover the pan, and let sit for 4 minutes. (Remember which egg went in first, you’ll want to take it out first.) When it comes time to remove the eggs, gently lift out with a slotted spoon.
Note that the timing is a little variable on the eggs, depending on the size of your pan, how much water, how many eggs, and how runny you like them. You might have to experiment a little with your set-up to figure out what you need to do to get the eggs exactly the way you like them.
5 Toast English muffins: As soon as all the eggs are in the poaching water, begin toasting your English muffins. If you can’t get all the muffins toasted by the time the eggs are ready, gently remove the eggs from the poaching water and set in a bowl.
6 Assemble your Eggs Benedict: To assemble, butter one side of an English muffin
Put a poached egg on top then pour some hollandaise over. Sprinkle some parsley over it all and serve at once.