The other day i woke up at 5 am and decided to do T-25 cardio. Lets just say after i was done with the workout i was famished. Decided to make this very simple omelette for breakfast and added some avocado. The micros i got from my garden and the avocado i bought it in Joburg CBD for a dirt cheap price. Here is the recipe:
- 3 eggs whisked
- 1 teaspoon sunflower oil
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1/2 an avocado
- Micro vegetables and Italian tomatoes for garnish
- Season the beaten eggs well with salt and pepper. Heat the oil and butter in a non stick frying pan over a medium-low heat until the butter has melted and is foaming.
- Pour the eggs into the pan, tilt the pan ever so slightly from one side to another to allow the eggs to swirl and cover the surface of the pan completely. Let the mixture cook for about 20 seconds then scrape a line through the middle with a spatula.
- Tilt the pan again to allow it to fill back up with the runny egg. Repeat once or twice more until the egg has just set.
- At this point you can fill the omelette with whatever you like – some grated cheese, sliced ham, fresh herbs, sautéed mushrooms or smoked salmon all work well. Scatter the filling over the top of the omelette and fold gently in half with the spatula. Slide onto a plate to serve.
- Add avocado on top and sprinkle the micros on top